Sunday, January 4, 2015

Taking off the Leadrope...

Yesterday was a big day for Navi and I. We had our first free lunge session in the indoor arena. And she nailed it!! She left a few times to go check out the barrels or when my other half came inside. But she came back after a couple of minutes and was ready to play again. She went both directions on cue and stayed a perfect distance away from me while she circled around. Her stops where fantastic too! Of course we just stuck with walk/trot because I feel canter is too much right now. After moving a bit my partner got out the ball and played with her for a while.



 I think I have finally managed to get across to Navi that regardless of what she chooses she will not be in trouble. I will not up the pressure to get what I want. I had to undo what I did. I made her who she was/is. Having her to start from the ground up has taught me so much. Mainly because I have to take responsibility for all her behaviors, good and bad. She came to me at  1 1/2 so her attitude towards training directly reflects on me, and me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment