Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Officially Bit-less

Well I put my bridles up for sale and they are going to their new homes soon, lol. So that means I am officially without bits :) Off to a great start for 2015! I did keep my leather side pull. I will ride in that or halters.

Pixie and I had a great liberty ride on Saturday. We stayed in the round pen because we were playing with our new target that we bought from Shawna Karrasch's website. I love using this new tool. It allows me to better communicate without pressure and release. It is just long enough to use during riding, but not so long that it gets in the way.

By the end of Saturday all the mares had been introduced to the target stick. All 4 of them caught on! I am so excited to keep playing around with this. Hurry up spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment