Sunday, January 25, 2015

Great Day with the Horses

It was nap time when we arrived. I bet they were a little sad to see us pull up.

We took Willow and Pixie down first. We ended up having to ride inside due to the wind and ice. It was really warm, just not safe footing. That was okay though as we had a chance to ride and talk with another boarder and then we got to play soccer with the girls. It was a fun fun ride! Pixie and I rode in her buckle halter. The only way to know if she is responding to me and not out of fear of pressure is to remove the object that could create the pressure.  I wanted to make sure she was just as responsive without her rope halter. She did really well, even with the distractions!

After our ride, I caught Navi. We are working on her position to me while walking. She is doing so well at this. If she gets a head of me I just stop and wait. She is quickly correcting herself back to be aligned with my shoulder. As soon as she gets aligned I click and treat. It has taken us a while, but she is finally learning impulse control. We played in the indoor also and had some amazing mounting block work. She lined right up and stood perfectly still while I mounted and dismounted. I am on vacation this week so I really would like to get some rides on Navi while I have the time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment