Tuesday, January 6, 2015

For a Brief Second...

With winter here and my time being limited at the barn I had a thought go through my head. Maybe I should consider sending Navi off to be trained under saddle this next year. After it crossed my mind it quickly left and then I thought "how could you even think that". All of a sudden I had guilt for not being more consistent with her, but then it dawned on me that we have plenty of time. Then I got to play with her and her behavior reassured me that I was making the right choice by taking things slow. See no matter how hard you try to leave old the old ways behind sometimes they creep back in without you realizing it. Besides I don't even have anyone to send her too. There isn't anyone in my area I would trust to train her. Now if I lived closer to one of the amazing Clicker Trainers that I follow,  I would send her in a heart beat, because I would love love love to take some lessons with them. Maybe some day I will come into a lot of money and get to travel to some clinics across the country :)  Until then Navi and I will work together to get her ready for trail riding. It may take us two years, but we will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment