Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall = The NILE

Enjoying a good ride with Willow on a beautiful fall day!
The NILE has finally arrived which means I have a week of vacation :) Love my fall vacations!

I always take the week of the NILE off, but this year I will be helping my trainer. She is doing an hour demo both Friday and Saturday and we will be assisting in that. Plus we will be hanging out at the booth talking to people. We look forward to seeing all the different events! Hopefully I will get lots of pictures and have some fun updates come Saturday evening. And Friday night we are going to the rodeo :)

Momma and baby are still kinda in limbo as far as where they belong. We have named baby...Berry, as in Strawberry. They have both become our projects. We are meeting with my vet today to come up with a game plan. Not sure what the outcome will be. In all my research on Berry's issue it doesn't seem likely that she will out grow it :( Atresia Ani is the clinical name for what she has wrong. We hope to help her live a long good life, but right now that just isn't a for sure thing. Mom is doing pretty well...We wormed her on Tuesday with hopes it will help her put on some weight. Currently she still belongs to my trainer, but again that won't be her finally home. We have taken on the task of training mom. With any hope she can become a nice saddle horse for someone to just trail ride with. Our training is limited with baby at side because she gets worried if baby is too far, so for now we are just getting her used to the barn, arena, and other areas she will be working in. Berry is doing well, we haven't done any feet work yet as we are still working on touching her belly and back end. It is proving to be challenging with them up the road so we have kept them down at the barn more while on vacation to get some more handling in.

The rest of the crew is the same :) Perfect! We have enjoyed some great fall rides these last two days. And enjoying a great ride is the plan today! There are days when sometimes I question why I spend so much money to have my horses, but then I realize I couldn't live without them. Every time I look at Pixie, Jess, Willow and Navi I fall in love with them a little bit more. They bring me so much more joy then money does! And while sometimes its stressful, its always worth it in the end! Speaking of them I better wrap this up so I can go turn out and feed. Everyone came in to the barn last night cause it was supposed to be windy and raining. So they are probably more than ready to be turned back out to their pasture.

Before I go some pedigree info on Char :)
Go Man Go Quarter horse Stallion is on her papers on her Dam's side. Her Dam is speed bred!

Snipper Music Quarter horse stallion. Char's Sire. He is out of Music Mount's line. 
All in all she has some good blood lines! And Berry's sire is out of Smart Chic Olena who is out of Smart Little Lena who in turn goes back to Doc Bar.

So if any one is interested in them??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment