Saturday, October 26, 2013

Busy Feeding Critters!

So yesterday's schedule went like this:

4am- Wake up

4:20- Finally eat after feeding all my little creatures :) Then enjoy some coffee!
5am- Shower
5:15- Leave for Barn
5:30- Start feeding my 4 horses, Char and Berry, and 10 other horses at the barn.
6:10am- Leave Barn, head to work.
6:30- enjoy some quiet time at work before chaos begins
7am- Start the busy day at work.
11am- enjoy a quick 15 minute break/lunch before finishing my last half of the work day.
4:00pm-  Finish up on last dog of the day at work. Total of 7 dogs groomed. 3 Poodles, 1 Goldendoodle, 1 Pekinese, 1 Maltese mix, and 1 Shih-tzu.
4:15pm- Head to barn to feed the 16 horses! Thank goodness they all have automatic water :)
5:15pm- Head to parents house to feed 2 dogs, 2 cats, and fish. Make sure they are all taken care off until morning!
6:00pm- Finally head home after stopping to get milk, lol.
7:00pm- Sit down, eat dinner,  and enjoy quiet time for the evening! Which includes cuddling with my critters at home.
8:00pm- BED!

Life has been super busy due to my Barn Manager getting hurt, my Mother being out of town and then her husband going into the hospital. Needless to say yesterdays schedule was just a repeat of Thursdays. Today I don't have to work- Thank goodness!! But I will still be super busy with spending time with my critters. I want to get some much needed time in with Navi and Pixie. Thursday and Friday left no time for playing with them. So today I will be riding and having some down time with each of my girls!

I am so thankful that I have my partner to help me keep up. Yesterday my Partner took care of all my critters at the house and then played with Char and baby Berry. They have to get out everyday to run in the outdoor arena since we moved them into a paddock at the barn.

Needless to say life is a little crazy right now.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about having to care for my critters. I could do less if I choose too, but I will not. It was my choice to take on my animals and I will provide them with the best that I am able. That is just how it will always be, their needs will always come before mine. Even animals that do not technically belong to me will be provided with the best care I can give if they are relying on me to do so. Take Char and Berry. I do not own either of them, but currently I am paying for all their feed and care. Some people would ask why I would do that...well because some one has too. Berry has to be attended to daily to make sure she isn't plugged up with poop. She has to receive oil daily and be manually unplugged some days. Yes, that involves stinking fingers up her anus to help pull out poop. On a side note, there might be another surgery in Berry's future to help open up her anus. There is some trade off such as my puppies got their rabies shots for free :) The bittersweet side to taking on Berry's care is that it will be a very sad day when she is re-homed. As far as Char is concerned...Lets just say something is in the works! 

To be honest...(Let me get on my soap box for a minute) The situation with Char and Berry makes me mad. It makes me mad because of all the worthless people that owned Char before. She is 17 and been passed around from home to home once she was no longer needed for more babies. She was (in my opinion) neglected. She hasn't ever had her feet trimmed or teeth floated. Currently she is a 3.5 on the body scale out of 9. (She came to us at this weight) Berry was born with a defect so the answer that the breeders came up with was to give her and mom away. They chose to breed Char, but once it became an issue they wanted someone else to deal with it. So they were given away. It all comes down to money, and I understand that people aren't made of money, but lets not make your problem my problem. I choose not to breed because I know that I would have to be responsible for whatever living creature I brought into this world. In a perfect world you could find loving homes willing to buy them for whatever you are selling them for,but it doesn't always work that way. Financially breeding is expensive especially when things go wrong and the babies come out like Berry- unsellable.   Okay off soap box :)

I am off to spend the day with my ponies/puppies/ and kitties :) Oh did I mention in that I am currently caring for 2 five month old puppies, 1 five month old foal, and 1 five month old kitten. Good thing babies are so much fun and cute...it makes up for all the hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment