Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Chapter

Today I am excited to say we will be starting a new chapter in our horse lives. I have made the decision to move barns. It isn't really a new barn to us because that is where we had Jess and Pixie when I first bought them, it is under new ownership now.  The best part about going back is that my trainer is also the barn manager :) This means Pixie, Navi, and I will have regular lessons with her. I have big dreams with what I want to accomplish with my horse training and now I have the chance to learn from on of the best in the industry . The new barn is also in a wonderful location, we can trail ride without having to haul the horses. It sits right on the Yellowstone River, plus there is a fishing access site right down the road that we ride to also.

There is one downside to leaving my barn now and its the people. I have grown so close to many of the boarders at my current barn. Not to mention I consider the barn owner a great friend. It was very difficult to tell her we were leaving. We are leaving such a wonderful horse family behind :(

However I know that no matter how hard it is to leave it was the right choice for us. I have wanted to grow my training skills for a very long time. I take pride in working my horses at liberty and look forward to better communicating with them.

Now comes the actually moving process, I figure it will take us a whole day to move all of our tack and the four horses. Since we only own a two horse trailer the horses alone will take two trips, lol. Good thing we are only moving 10 minutes down the road :) Here is to new beginnings!
The barn and indoor arena :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! If I could find the follow button I would be a new follower, but I seem to be blind today. I am blown away by your cover photo, your horse is SO beautiful. I don't own a horse...I lease (I think it would be irresponsible to own a horse where I am in my life...I can't provide it with a home for years to come, and don't want to give it a loving home and have to sell it or not be able to afford its retirement etc etc etc) But when I moved barns, it made the WORLD of difference. The barn I was at first wasn't exactly friendly. Everyone seemed to compete with each other and seemed to only have gossip and bad things to say about one another. When I moved to a different barn, it has opened me up to so many new things! Everyone is friendly and not rude, I feel comfortable asking for advice or help when I need it, I no longer feel judged, and I am able to greatly improve my riding now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, having the right barn "family" is so important! I love the fact that you are leasing because it is the right thing to do at this point in your life, so many forget about the horses future when they buy one.

    ReplyDelete