Friday, February 1, 2013

Navi takes to the saddle

Navi has worn my western saddle for two days in a row now :) She is taking to it like she has been wearing it forever! She did get a little frustrated with the process of cinching up, but she didn't do anything bad and we made sure to take it super slow. So far no bucking...I am starting to wonder if she is ever going to buck. If she is I hope she gets it out of her system before I step on for her first ride, lol. We walk, trot, canter around the arena and then work on putting weight in the stirrups and leaning on her back. We still have no plans to ride until she grows more, but I am hoping all this will be old news to her by the time riding time comes around.

She is slowing growing and getting into better shape. She isn't nearly as round as she was. She is currently standing 13.2 hh and is about the same weight of around 700lbs. She is becoming more respectful of space and is yielding her hindquarters wonderfully. I can't believe its only been a little more than two months ago when we first brought her home.


No comments:

Post a Comment