Saturday, June 28, 2014

Char's Farrier Visit

Last Wednesday was Char's first farrier visit. I was not able to be there so it was just my partner and the farrier. I am sad to say it didn't go very well. It didn't really surprise me as she is NOT trusting of other people. So while we can now pick up her back feet without her kicking at us, this was not the case for the farrier. He was able to get her front feet trimmed though and one of them rasped. We will continue to work on it in hopes that one day she will have no issues with it. The whole ordeal scared her and I will guess it set us back a few days of training. Although it didn't go very well (really it went as expected ) I am glad we got the first trim out of the way, it can only get better from here!

Today I am headed out to see her and the others. I hope to get some feet work done with her so we can rebuild on her trust in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment