Thursday, May 22, 2014

We Have Found Heaven

I can not say enough good things about my new barn. Everything is great! The horses are watched and feed well and we can ride for miles!!

 I am absolutely loving all the great riding adventures we are having. Just last week we saw a Black Bear! It was exciting to see him or her, but we kept our safe distance of course. Yesterday we ventured out to explore the hills some more. We asked a lot of Willow and Pixie. The terrain was pretty tough in some spots with lots of rocks, trees, mud, and hills all combined into one :) They did amazing. They watched their footing and didn't rush. All of our hill training paid off yesterday! I did find myself searching for my easy boot once again so sooner than later I am investing in the trail easy boot so hopefully I won't be hoping on and off the whole ride. I already lost one easy boot about 4 weeks ago :(

Yes, my horse is way down there...I was walking our path to find my boot which ended up being at the bottom, lol.
All in all it was an awesome ride! The weather was perfect as were the girls! Ok maybe Pixie tried to turn and go home once right before a really big hill, but we worked out our difference of opinion and continued up the hill :)

We use an app called Track My Hack to keep record of our rides. It tracked us for most of our ride yesterday, but we ended up losing signal as we we started back home because we got into some pretty thick trees. Oh well, it got most of it!
We didn't take the same path home, it just lost us as we came back.
And here are some more pics of the ride
Best view in the world!


Headed up

Looking back towards the barn

Going up!

Big Sky country

No comments:

Post a Comment