Friday, March 21, 2014

Changing Barns

Once again we find ourselves switching barns. I hope this move is the last move for a long long time! Every time we move we find that we have one more horse. And with that it makes moving more difficult to say the least. This move, while sad in a lot of ways, is going to be good for all of us. Due to a lack of paychecks received we had to stop managing the barn where we are at. While there is more to the story than that I do not feel right discussing it in the open, so that will be all I say. Moving on though, we are moving our ponies out to a huge ranch about 30 minutes away from my house. This is the farthest they have ever been from me and that will take some time to adjust to, but they will be back on full service board. I trust this place as I have never heard one bad thing about their care for the horses. And I think they currently have close to 100 horses boarded there! Huge place!! My horses will have their own pasture with a round bale in the winter and grass in the spring and summer :) Their pasture has hills, trees, and did I mention lots of grass! They will love it!! There are two round pens, outdoor arena, and indoor arena also. The biggest plus for us though is the 20,000 acres that we have to ride on. Yep, 20,000 acres!! There is every terrain a person could want on the land :) My horses will be back in shape in no time! We went out two days ago to do paper work, all that is taken care of now, and we received our maps of the ranch and hats :) Plus I picked up a bumper sticker for my truck, lol. They are going to pick up my horses on Wednesday the 26th at 9am. They are bring a big stock trailer so all five can ride together instead of us having to make 3 trips out!  As soon as they get moved next week I will post pictures!

Due to the move I had to get lifetime brand inspections on Navi and Char. In the state they are required as proof of ownership and while I had an annual on Navi, when I got her from the auction, it expired last Nov. Char I only had my bill of sale and the old one from her old owner. So legally they couldn't cross county lines :( So we set out yesterday to haul them down to the brand inspectors office to make them legal :) I wasn't sure how it was going to go. I didn't know if Char had ever been in a two horse trailer and Navi while she had a few times but it had been over a year and well she is 3. So we loaded Navi first...she hopped on no issues! Then Char was next...she walked on like she had done it a thousand times!! Good girls! We made it down town, unloaded for the inspector. Both looked around and danced some, but did great over all. Besides its a livestock auction yard so semis where coming and going. Lots going on for two mares that haven't seen a lot of town craziness. When we were done they both hopped back into the trailer no issues and we were on our way back to the barn. It couldn't have gone any better. I was so very proud of my girls!! They are my two green horses and yet they behaved like old pros. I am beyond excited to get them going this summer on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment