Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Two Weeks

It has been two weeks since we let little Baby Berry go. Honestly it seems like the last two weeks have been a blur. I think I have ridden maybe three times :(  While each day it seems to get easier, it is still hard. I have a hard time at the barn. I am so glad I have my other horses to love on and focus on because otherwise it would be almost unbearable. I always knew that Berry wasn't going to be ours forever. She wasn't meant to be ours, but maybe she wasn't meant to be with anyone else either and that is why she could no longer fight. Everything happens for a reason and with that in mind I know that there was a reason Berry came into our lives and had to leave us at such a young age.

Char is getting better everyday. It was hard for her, as to be expected, in the beginning. We kept her on Quietex for the first few days to help her stay calm. She did drop 50+ lbs those few days after losing baby, but she is slowly adding it back. We haven't done much work with her other than the basics. She can stand in the cross ties now and will let us brush her everywhere. We still can't pick up feet, but we can touch them! Throughout the winter we will continue to work with her and see where we get.


4 comments: