Saturday, November 30, 2013

Navi Blows UP!

Navi has been saddle countless times now. She has always taken it in stride. In fact she has never bucked under saddle even cantering or going over cross rails. I knew the day would come that she would buck, I was just hoping it was before I rode her! The good news it was before and that day came yesterday. I saddle her in the cross ties after grooming and we headed to the round pen to let her move around some. The minute I took off her halter she reared up and followed it with a crazy run around the pen bucking, coming up off of all fours! She bucked and bucked then settled into a nice trot and some cantering. Since bucking didn't work though her next trick was to roll. Two times of trying to go down and me getting after her she stopped that little trick. We ended with some nice walking and trotting and went back to the cross ties to untack. That is the first time I have seen her put that much energy into something, lol. I am hoping to have the day off work today which means more saddle time for little Navi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment