Monday, December 2, 2013

First Ride on Char

Yesterday was the day! I had done all the prepping I could do and I felt like she was ready. I warmed her up by ponying her first then having her move around loose while saddled. She took it all in stride as usual. Then I laid on her again and then sat! She did great! I just hung out for a minute before dismounting. I then remounted to work on flexing. She decided to move around a little bit, but really took it all in stride. We practiced flexing a few times and then I dismounted. Next step is I am going to have my partner pony her while I just hang out being a passenger. No pics this time, but my friend did video it for me :) I think she was secretly hoping for something more exciting, lol.

We are getting ready for this big winter storm that is rolling in today. It looks like we won't get much snow, but our day time highs won't reach above 10 degrees until at least next Monday. Our low temps are neg. teens with super cold wind chills! It is our first big taste of winter this year. So far we have stayed warm with maybe a day or two of colder air. I rode all weekend in preparation that I might not ride for a few days. We are lucky to have a indoor that stays above freezing most of the time though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment