Thursday, December 5, 2013

2nd Ride on Char

My partner ponied us off of Jess yesterday. Char did great while being ponied, now forward motion on her own accord was a different story. She wouldn't move off of my leg alone. She will get there so I didn't push the issue and we just continued to pony. I could touch and pet her everywhere while riding so that was/is a good sign :) She stayed rather relaxed and stood perfectly for me to mount and dismount. However I for some reason was nervous right before getting on, so I had to stand and collect myself with some deep breathing. Funny how you get older and all of a sudden getting hurt is the first thing to come to mind on the list of what if. I realized I don't not bounce back as well as I used to. And its been a lot of years since I have ridden a really hard buck or rear from a horse. I have never been thrown, they have fallen on me, but not thrown. The fear of the unknown is almost worse. In the end of course I had nothing to be nervous about and I am sure the nerves will get better every time I ride her. I have to trust that the ground work was laid and if we take it slow she will be just fine :)

Jess and Navi eating a mid day snack. Yes, I know how filthy Navi is :(

Winter wonderland at the barn

Char

My trainers horse, Angel, peeking over the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment