Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving has arrived and I have so many things to be thankful for this year (as always). I considered myself pretty blessed. Even when times are stressful there is still so much to appreciate.

1) My partner who has stood by me throw thick and thin for the last 8 1/2 years! She puts up with my craziness and accepts me for who I am :) I couldn't imagine trying to go through this life without her in it. I am thankful everyday that she is there every step of the way.

2) My Sister and Mother. While I don't see either of them very much, they both support me 100% of the time. They understand how horse crazy I am and accept me as is :)

3) My job. I am grateful to have a job I love and that it is able to support my horsey lifestyle.

4) My dogs. All six of my dogs are a blessing to us. Duel and Dakota have been with me since I first came to Montana. They turned 10 this year! The move here was hard on me and getting them made it that much easier! Riley, my beloved Pitbull, filled a void I had by not having a Pitbull. I am so thankful that Riley was my demo dog while I was dog training. He changed a lot of peoples' minds during that five years. Tigger changed my world the moment I saw him in the vets office. I fell in love with the little puppy. I am so very thankful he came into our lives. He has taught us more then any other dog. Laurel and Devan, my rez dogs, I am grateful we adopted them this year. They have filled our home with the joys of puppy hood and gave Tigger someone to play and bond with.

5) My Trainer, she has taught me so much with my horses. I am so happy we made the decision to train with her. Not only has she taught us about horses, but about dreaming big! I hope one day to make those dreams a reality!

6) My horses!! I cannot express how thankful I am everyday to have my horses. They bring me so much joy. It truly is a passion and a way of life for me, not just a hobby. I strive to be the best horsewoman I can be. I want to show people you do not have to use force to get what you want out of a horse. In the end I want to inspire people to train in a nicer way.

I hope everyone has an amazing Thanksgiving with family and friends! I am off to take care of the horses and then come home to cook dinner. This is the one day a year I cook :)

Char saddled :) The first ride is getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment