Friday, January 18, 2013

Great Day!!

I spent all day at the barn yesterday. Any day that is spent there is a good day :) But yesterday I had a great time playing with Pixie. She and I played at liberty for a while. She is getting so good! I love to see her trying to figure out what gets her the reward. Currently we are working on her learning to back up when I stand next to her tail and give her the cue. She is getting it on the left side, but struggles a bit more when I stand on her right. On her challenging side she wants to yield her hips and turn towards me. We made some progress yesterday, she was able to back up while I stood at her stomach. After working on the ground for a bit, I haltered her and jumped on her bareback. She was perfect. We worked on turning off leg pressure alone. We did figures eights around the arena with just leg pressure, no hands :)

 For a long time I had certain goals I wanted to reach with Pixie, I have reached most if not all of those goals, so now I decide where to go from here. Pixie and I will never show, she will always just be my friend and trail horse. Because of that sometimes its hard to come up with new goals.  Over time I will continue to teach her new things. I can't say what they will be, time will tell. The one thing I know for sure is that I will continue to strive for the best possible relationship with her. Something that can only be gained through time spent with her.

Later in the afternoon it was time for a picture session with Navi and Jess. A good friend came out to the barn and captured some stunning photos of the two of them.  I can't wait to get my CD of them so I can order some to frame.




Jess
Navi



No comments:

Post a Comment