Saturday, January 26, 2013

Finding Pixie's Daughter

I always wonder what Pixie's life was like before she came to me and before she made it to Roundup, MT. There is not a lot of information I know about her. Starting from when I adopted her...at adoption time I was told she born in 2001 the name of her Dam (Cedar Creeks Fairtale )  but the Sire was unknown. She came from the south and was starved with a baby at her side. The person I got her from nursed her back to health and then put her up for adoption. To try and find more info I turned to good old Google. I spend hours searching her name and for months nothing came up until early 2012 when I came across an old for sale ad for her. The ad was from North Dakota, it stated she had had 2 foals with 2006 being the last known foaling year. It also said she was broke to ride and had survived Hurricane Katrina. Using some of that information I continued to search for more, much to my disappointment nothing came up. I kept hitting dead ends so I took a break from searching until a few days ago. Much to my surprise this time when I googled her name a for sale ad popped up not for her though, but for a 2006 mare that listed Pixie Dust as her Dam! Could it be I was so excited to have found another lead...they had facebook and a website too!!! It still only had Pixie's Dam listed on her pedigree with unknown Sire, but it gave me hope that they would know more. I emailed them asking for info. They emailed back saying yes, Pixie was the Dam of their "Shanna" They had gotten Pixie from someone in KY who didn't know much about Saddlebreds. She was breed in Kentucky where they live currently. They trained her and did some trail riding with her. They breed her to their Warmblood stallion for her 2006 foal. They then sold her to someone in Florida. They knew that she had lived in KY, MS, and FL and where surprised to see that she had made it all the way to Montana in the 6 years after they sold her. While they didn't know a lot about Pixie's pedigree they helped fill in some more information for me :) It appears it will still be a mystery on how she ended up being for sale in North Dakota back in 2008. I will probably continue to search for history on her in hopes of filling in the holes in her background, but in the end if nothing more is to be found that is fine. I believe everything happens for a reason, so if I am meant to find out more I will. Her past is unknown, but her future is with me :)

"Shanna" American Warmblood Pixie's 2006 foal.



No comments:

Post a Comment