Friday, January 22, 2016

Getting the Hang of Things...

Yesterday I had the chance to enjoy a beautiful winter day at the barn :) Love day like that!

Navi and I are continuing to work on our walk, whoa, and back verbal cues. She is understanding them enough that I decided to do some work outside of the arena yesterday. I wanted to work on our cues while on the road. I am happy to say she did great for the first time practicing outside of the arena. She had a couple times where walking in a straight line was hard for her, but otherwise it went well. When she would curve around I would just reset and start over. We are getting somewhere between 5-10 feet before I reward her now. We increase the distance every time we work. Her surcingle and drive lines are ordered so I can start teaching her right and left soon :) She is very reliable on her back cue that is almost 100%. Soon we can combine all the cues and start ground driving officially.

No comments:

Post a Comment