Sunday, January 3, 2016

Breaking Down our Driving Goals

Now that I have a idea of what Navi and I are going to be working on I figured I better make a list of our goals.


  • Learn verbal cues of walk, whoa, back
  • Respond to verbal cues while I am standing next to her and then behind her
  • Learn right and left verbal cues
  • Find a soft side-pull bridle that won't bother her sensitive skin
  • Learn to accept long lines
  • More desensitizing to objects behind her
  • Start dragging things
We are starting from baby steps and it may take us a while to get through this list or we may fly right through it. I am not sure how fast she will accept any of this or understand it. 

Yesterday we started with the walk forward and back cue. She started to understand them really well while I stood back by her butt. I found my surcingle to order hopefully I will get that next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment