Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 Goals

Wow, I can't believe it is 2016 already. 5 years ago this month we officially purchased Jess for my other half and I couldn't have imagined where we would be today.

Starting off 2016 we find ourselves with 5 horses still :)

Jess: Now in his mid 20's (we guess) is officially retired! His riding career has come and gone over the last few years, but in 2015 we found he could no longer handle it. He is only daily supplements long with monthly shots to keep him comfortable. He is doing awesome with 24 hr pasture turnout and walks around the ranch!

Pixie: 2016 finds her in good health, maybe a little chubby, lol. She will be 15 this year! I can't believe it. We continue to work on our bridle-less riding and liberty work. I don't have any major goals for her and I this year as we are pretty much were I want us. Going forward I expect that we will just hang out and trail ride.

Willow: Willow is the picture of great health, she isn't even fat :) Her and my other half do have some goals this year with ground work and riding, nothing major just finding that perfect partnership. I will continue to trail ride with her this year and hope to have a very solid trail horse by the end of summer. I look forward to exploring the ranch with Willow. Last year she only got better and better.

Navi: Our plans have changed a lot over the last year. I have set my sights on Driving. This will be an adventure, but one I think she will be great at. She has the right personality for it calm and not spooky. We will have our work cut out for us, but it won't be anything we can't handle. Now to buy a surcingle and get started :)

Char: Sometimes the best laid plans don't work out. While I thought I had a leasee for Char this last year things didn't pan out, and she is back to just hanging out with us. So no major goals for her except to be loved on and groomed :)

Here is too a great and fun 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment