Saturday, April 18, 2015

Willow's progress

I have been on vacation this week which has meant lots of riding time for me :) Gotta love vacations that center around horses!

Willow and I have been riding pretty consistently and yesterday we took a ride with my partner and a another lady from our barn. We went into a new area we haven't ever been. This was going to be a test on how far Willow and I had come on her confidence building. I was soooo happy with her. She only got tense a few times, but we worked through it. She never came close to spooking at anything either. What a good girl! We then went and did  water crossing, as usual she was great at that! I am glad we are getting her confidence back, for her sake as much as ours. It is never good to go through life nervous.

Willow and I working on the flag. First time seeing it, and she was awesome! 

Pixie all ready for my partner to ride. 
I am figuring another 15 rides or so on Willow before I turn her back over to my partner. I don't want to push either of them too fast. There is really no rush since basically we just switched horses.


No comments:

Post a Comment