Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bear Hunting

Bear hunting in a good way that is... I had one goal for yesterdays trail ride and that was to see a bear :)

The bears have been spotted in a certain area now 3 or 4 times so I asked my friend if she would be willing to head that direction. And sure enough she said yes. Awesome, I was off to see a bear!

I was smart and remembered my helmet! I am trying to get better about wearing my helmet, I know that it is the smart thing to do. After getting ready, my friends and I headed out. Off to see bears. Okay so maybe I was the only one really hoping to see the bears, lol.

We headed out quite a ways and on the way back in my friend said " I am sorry you didn't get to see your bears" I responded with "that's okay, it was still a great ride"! Well not 5 minutes later we jumped a little red bear! It was pretty close and of course took off running. But we got to stand and watch it for a minute or so as it ran away. My ride was complete! I saw my bear :) I was super excited and of course Pixie was not phased one bit.

Here are a few pics from the ride. Unfortunately no pics of the bear as it was running too fast.

Pixie and I riding back down the road. Photo taken by my riding buddy

Pixie and I almost home...across the street is my barn

Looking back towards home


What a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment