Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Finally Home

Me that is! I am finally back to living at home after a month of house sitting. I am so very happy to be back with my other half and all our critters. Being home means I can finally post pictures of our new barn. It has already been three weeks!! We still love it more and more everyday.  Yesterday I rode Pixie and Willow. Pixie was amazing for our arena ride (bridle-less) but was less than stellar for our ride around the ranch. In fact we ended up walking around more than riding. Oh well...she still isn't ready to ride out alone. We will get there, after all it did take some time before we could ride to the island by ourselves at the old barn. Willow did really well for her first time out alone. We crossed both big bridges and hung out by the river for a few minutes. Was she perfect no, but she tried and I give her credit for that. Unfortunately my horses don't have a lot of time under their belts when it comes to trail riding alone, since for the most part we are out trail riding together. So I was asking a lot of them yesterday. All in all it was a good day. Both girls got a work out and I enjoyed a peaceful morning.

Since I am on vacation until Monday I plan on getting to spend a lot of time with my ponies :)
And with that here are pictures of the new place.

Pixie and I enjoying a bridle-less ride in the outdoor arena

Char checking out the geese

Char and Navi checking out their new pasture

Char. Behind her is the lounge/one of the tack rooms

Char over looking the neighboring pasture

Jess and the geese


Jess happily grazing

Nap time for Navi and Pixie. Char grazing :)

Navi exploring

Navi was resting so I sat with her

Our view riding

Pixie ready to hit the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment