Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Finding Time

My BO has been out of town for the last five days, so that means I am taking care of everything at the barn. I always love being able to help, its fun! I, however, have decided that everyone who boards their horses should be forever thankful to the people who run the barns. I know after this weekend I am even more thankful for my wonderful BO who takes care of my horses day and night and often times gives up time with her own horses to take care of others. I know and fully understand that is what everyone who boards is paying for, but can one really put a price on not having to worry about if their horses will get food during the the worst of all seasons. 

Needless to say I have been running around like crazy this weekend. I was able to find time to work Pixie in the indoor on Sunday. I cherished that time. I only hope Navi and I can have the same bound. Pixie was full of it since it was a windy cool day. She was literally trotting circles around me wanting to do something. So we played at liberty, trotting around and just having fun!

Navi has been getting walked twice a day. She is doing great at everything we throw at her. We have been handling her feet and should be ready for Saturday when the farrier comes out. Lets hope anyways...she is a baby after all. She is still fighting off a snotty nose and a slight cough. So far its nothing serious she is still eating and drinking. We will have the vet out this week hopefully just to make sure she is on the mend.

Jess and Willow have been enjoying their time off this weekend. They are doing great. We are super lucky to have horses that can be ridden once a week and still be perfect!

 My BO is due back tomorrow...so I will be able to get a lot more time in with my horses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment