Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Break from Riding and Demo Time.

I have been battling lameness issues with Pixie for what feels like all summer. It probably hasn't been all summer, but when lameness affects your main riding horse it seems like forever. In the end, I have decided to give her the rest of summer off of riding. It was just trail riding, but I rode her for a short time last weekend and she came up sore after. So it is obvious she needs some more time off. Yesterday I went out and she was moving much better, but I decided it is in her best interest to take a few months off. So instead we will focus on our demo coming up in October. We have been invited to do a little demo of liberty work with my trainer. So yesterday I really started to try and decide what we were going to do. My original plan was to do some ground liberty and then some bridle-less riding, but I will have to see where Pixie is health wise come the 1st of October. So until then we perfect our ground work. I love playing with her at liberty on the ground so we should still have lots to do to keep us busy this fall without riding :)

Giving Pixie some time off means I will have that much more time to work with Navi and see how her leg holds up to hiking and riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment