Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Saying No

Yesterday I received an invite to participate with Pixie in a Demo at the NILE (Northern International Livestock Exposition), which is a huge multiple day event in this area. Participating in the NILE is huge and something I have wanted to do for the last two years! It was a honor just being asked to be there! Showing the world what Pixie and I have accomplished would be amazing! So why does my post titled Saying No?
Well because I turned down the invite. Why would I turn down the chance to do something I have always wanted to do? Something I may not get another chance at doing.  Really the answer is simple...it is because of Pixie. Would she be able to do it? Yes, I think she could have, but I don't think she would have enjoyed it. We could have trailered over early, and she would have calmed down enough to listen to me. Even so she still would have been stressed to a certain point. Pixie and I have reached a point in our relationship that we can work through most stressful situations just fine, but it doesn't mean I want to expose her to them on purpose. In the end it boils down to this...Pixie and I have come this far in our relationship because I always try to put her first.  And while performing at the NILE would have been our chance to show everyone what we have accomplished, it would have been putting Me first not her.

 So Saturday I will be spending all day at the NILE enjoying all the great demonstrations, sale booths, and horses they have to offer. While my Pixie girl will be at home in her pasture with her herd enjoying a quiet day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment