Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Yep...That was a scream

Haha...I almost forgot to mention. Last week we went for a ride over the the island. (Luckily because now the river is too high to cross) I decided to take Jess instead of Pixie. Oh boy...It made me miss my slow poke bear bait horse, lol. I am so used to Pixie taking her time to get home that riding Jess is a whole different experience. He is a rusher when its time to come home. He would much rather trot then walk and really wants to be in the lead. Well this time I made him stay behind Willow he wasn't happy but he did it. So when it came time to cross the river bed instead of paying attention he was in a hurry and not listening real well so we ended up in the deep sand. Well Jess doesn't like deep sand...and we come up and out very quickly like all four feet in the air and head down buck. Not what I expected to say the least...so I screamed. Yep, like a little girl, haha. I didn't come close to falling off and it really wasn't that scary it was just unexpected. My partner was in front of us and turned around, but of course by then we were back on the rocks and all was good. We both had a good laugh and made our way back to the barn. Oh wait we headed back to the barn after I had to dismount and go get his easy boot that was left back in the sand. Then after both the boot and myself were back in place we headed back to the barn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment