Wednesday, May 29, 2013

More Rain and Early Morning Rides

We are currently getting hit with more rain that is expected to last through Saturday. So that means all of our rides will be indoors. Thank goodness for having an indoor arena for times like this. We knew the rain was coming so yesterday morning I set out to enjoy some time with the horses outside. One of the biggest advantages of having them on slow feeders is I can ride whenever I want. There isn't feeding times to work around :) So yesterday I rode at 7am :) As I said before mornings are my favorite time of day, so it would only make sense for me to ride in the morning. I decided Pixie and I would just go for a bareback hack. Nothing exciting just walking around the barn and by the river. She was super good, well after her walking away on my first attempt at mounting, lol. After grooming and riding Pixie I went and got Navi out. She was one dirty little white horse so we brushed and brushed. After a good grooming session we went for our walk around the barn, during the walk I let her graze for a bit. She is still on a restricted protein diet meaning she can't graze on fresh grass too much, but I figure a small amount won't hurt. Navi is looking more and more like an adult horse. She is losing her baby look. I think she will be a stunning adult horse though :) Good news on Navi she is starting to bite and nibble less. Thank god...maybe she won't be the death of me after all, lol. She is a little pipsqueak with a big attitude :)

Navi is growing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment