Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring was here and now its winter again!

Last week we had amazing weather! In fact we rode both Wednesday and Thursday :) Not only did we ride, but we hauled 1 ton of hay each day and had the vet out Thursday to give shots and do wellness exams.

The vet visit went well! All the horses got their spring vaccinations and Navi got blood drawn so we could have a full blood panel done on her. We think everything is just fine, but we like to have blood work done once a year on everyone just to keep an eye on everything. Navi did well for being poked 3 times between the blood work and vaccinations.

Speaking of Navi, she is going through a phase of everything must be put in the mouth. Little bugger has been biting us and everything else she can reach! Apparently horse babies are just like puppies in that aspect, lol. Other than being mouthy she has been a very good girl. I will admit she hasn't been getting worked as much as she should be. Glad we have all the time in the world because my long work days have been cutting into her training time.

We finally made it over to the island that is owned by my barn owners. It is only reachable when the river is low so we ventured over there last week for the first time. Willow was a bit spooky but not bad and Pixie was super well behaved. I can't say enough how much I love that horse!

Willow


Pixie and I

 I am glad we enjoyed last week because currently it is 16 degrees outside with snow on the ground still! I think we will be riding/working inside today! Other than it being super cold I am glad it snowed, we needed the moisture in a very bad way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment