Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saying Goodbye- Jess

It has been just over 2 weeks since we had to say goodbye to Jess. I thought maybe as time went on I would be able to come up with a post that would justice in remembering him. However, the truth is I still can't. Maybe the day will come when I can, but for now I still can't quite find the words that do him justice. So I will just write this short blog in memory of him...

 He meant the world to us and taught my partner everything she knows about finding a partnership with a horse. I have always been a "mare" person, but at the same time I have always said some times you just can't beat a good gelding. For me that gelding was Jess. He wasn't just good, he was great. He tried his heart out every time we set out to do a job with him. Even though he was bought for my other half, I always enjoyed getting to work with him. My favorite memory of him is when we did the games at the ranch. We went into the arena had fun, and we won a lot of the games. He always took care of us when we rode. Well with the exception of if he was in a muddy bogging place, he hated that and he would buck then. Well and then there was the electric fence incident...he crow hopped good with that also. And then well that one time him and Willow left us to walk home. Oh and when he decided to rush down the mountain with my partner when we took our first trail ride. He wanted to go home. I replay those memories, because I love them just as much as the times he was perfect! Those memories make me smile and laugh because he wasn't always perfect, but he knew his job and did it well.
Simply put there will never be another "Jess" for us. He was a once in a lifetime horse. He is in a better place now. Young and happy. Most likely working cows and eating all the green grass he can get. Our hearts are broken, and time will heal some of the pain. But we will always cherish the sweet memories we have of our boy. A piece of our hearts went with him that day we said goodbye, but he forever lives on in our memories. I will forever cherish the time we had with him.

We sent off tail hair to have bracelets made and will be getting tattoo's also to remember him by.

Rest in peace Jess. We miss you!
My other half, Sarah, riding Jess. 

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Jess...Thank you for letting me be in your life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was blessed to have you in his life. I know you miss him so much also.

      Delete