Sunday, March 1, 2015

Winter has returned and Thinking of a fun possibility

I had been enjoying our really mild winter, but now we return to our normal temps and snow. Not much snow luckily, but cold. In all actuality it still isn't bad outside. As long as we dress for the weather it can be tolerated.  Because of the return of winter I have only gotten one more ride in on Willow, however today I hope to have another ride on her.

Pixie and I enjoyed a nice afternoon together on Friday. We played in the indoor arena. We did some ground work and then rode bareback some. She was very light and connected for the most part. At times she wanted to go see the horse that was inside with us, but overall she stayed with me. We even played with the ball, boy she loves playing with the ball :)

So on to my fun possibility. I have been toying around with this idea in my head for a while. I haven't said it out loud to anyone though. It is something I have gone back and forth with for many reasons. The main reason is time. I don't have a lot of extra time, but still I think I might just be using that as an excuse :) If you want something bad enough you will make time for it. I just have to make sure that not one of my animals will suffer because of it. I still have to make sure I have enough time to work with my herd/pack, lol. Good thing spring is coming and it will be daylight longer :)

So what is it...well I think I want to start helping people with their horses. I want to do some demos or lessons, for lack of a better term. I don't want to do this to make money so it won't be something I charge for. I want to do this to help show people there is a different way, a way to train without causing pain or fear in their horse. I want them to see that a true connection is available without bit,spurs, whips, etc.  That they don't need pain to control their horse. I want to show them what I have discovered over my lifetime with horses. I learn more ever day. My learning will never be complete, but I hope to pass on what I have learned thus far. I want to know that I did everything I could to make the world a better place for horses. My passion is training/teaching so it is something I will do. I love seeing others learn and grow so I look forward to pursuing this.

More on that later, but for now I am off to get ready for breakfast with friends (that sadly are moving away ) and then on to the barn for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment